How we collect, utilize, and protect your information.
Personal contact information collected; What Habitat for Humanity does with it
Habitat for Humanity may request from you, or you may volunteer to provide, your contact information, including your name, mailing address, phone number(s), social media handles and email address(es). Habitat for Humanity may, by way of example, use your contact information to:
- Send you additional information about Habitat for Humanity and its programs or events.
- Process a donation or payment and provide you with a receipt or acknowledgment.
- Clarify or obtain information about a donation or about information you requested.
- Enroll you in programs, events or activities in which you elect to participate.
- Manage your account and provide you with customer service.
- Offer sweepstakes, contests, giveaways or other promotions.
- Enforce the Website terms of service.
- Perform other functions as described at the time Habitat for Humanity collects information.
- Habitat for Humanity will not sell your information
- Habitat for Humanity may share your information – for example, when you sign up for a program or make a donation allocated to a specific program, your contact information may be passed on to representatives or designees of such organization or program.
If you make a donation or a purchase, or otherwise provide your information, Habitat for Humanity may contact you from time to time about opportunities to make additional donations or purchases or to provide information about services from third parties.
You always have the right to opt out of future communications from Habitat for Humanity and/or our vendors, sponsors and service providers, either at the point of collection, as instructed in communications you receive, via the links below, or by contacting us by mail or email:
Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio
1400 Raff Road SW
Canton, Ohio 44710
Credit card and billing information
In addition to your contact information, when you make a donation or purchase, Habitat for Humanity asks for your billing address and credit card or other financial services information. Habitat for Humanity uses a third-party banking agent to process your payments via a secured server that encrypts your credit card/bank information. Habitat for Humanity and our banking agent will not share your credit card/bank information with any other third party, nor will we retain your credit card/bank information.
Other contact information
Habitat for Humanity may ask for contact information for people other than yourself, including, for example, names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of others to whom you send information or in whose honor or behalf you are making a donation or purchase. Habitat for Humanity uses this information to send notifications or information you requested and/or to inform the recipient of your donation or purchase, as well as to contact the recipient from time to time to inform them of other opportunities and information about Habitat for Humanity. Like you, the recipient will always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communication from Habitat for Humanity.
Links to other sites
This Website may contain links to other sites that may collect your personal contact information. Habitat for Humanity is not responsible for privacy practices and policies or content of these other sites.
It is Habitat for Humanity’s policy not to solicit knowingly any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Children under 13 are not authorized to make a donation or purchase, sign up for an event or program, or otherwise provide any personally identifiable information without consent from a parent or legal guardian.
[Updated January 2017]